Eekkk! The time is ticking and it’s just weeks before your bundle of joy is set to arrive! Since the time you found out you were pregnant you probably started thinking about THE hospital bag. You’ll want to pack a few weeks in advance In case your little one decides to enter the world early. But what exactly do you need to pack in that bag?
You probably feel like you need to pack everything in the house, with the exception of the kitchen sink. And while it is all fine and dandy to be overly prepared, remember that you will have to bring it all back home, plus your new bundle of joy. So we’ve compiled a list of must-haves plus a few “extras” that you’ll want to be sure to pack in your hospital bag.
Must Haves - you DON’T want to leave home without these essentials.
First things first - A birth plan (if you and your partner decide to have one)
- A nightgown (if you plan on nursing be sure you get one that opens in front)
- A robe
- One pair of slippers and 2 pairs of socks
- Extra undies and a bra
For your baby:
- Coming home outfit. (keep it simple)
- Car Seat
- Extra blanket/burp cloth
- Pacifier (if you choose)
- Extra absorbent pads
- Body wash/soap
- Shampoo/Conditioner and a hair brush
- Skin moisturizer, including lip balm
- Phone/Computer charger
- iPod for playing soothing music
- Batteries (for the camera if needed)
- Tube sock with tennis balls (helps relieve back pain during labor)
- Reading material for mom
- Your favorite pillow/blanket from home
There are a million and one things you can bring to the hospital, but you’ll find once your little one arrives, it’s all about spending quality time with he or she. The items listed above will keep you comfortable and happy while you are away from home.
Did we leave anything out? Let us know your must-haves, in the comment section below.